- 1. palace, castle, mansion, mansion house, manse, hall, residence
- usage: a large and stately mansion
- 2. castle, fortification, munition
- usage: a large building formerly occupied by a ruler and fortified against attack
- 3. castle, rook, chessman, chess piece
- usage: (chess) the piece that can move any number of unoccupied squares in a direction parallel to the sides of the chessboard
- 4. castle, castling, chess move
- usage: interchanging the positions of the king and a rook
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. castle, move, go
- usage: move the king two squares toward a rook and in the same move the rook to the square next past the king
All rights reserved.
See also: castle (Dictionary)