WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cassia, tree
- usage: any of various trees or shrubs of the genus Cassia having pinnately compound leaves and usually yellow flowers followed by long seedpods
- 2. genus Cassia, Cassia, rosid dicot genus
- usage: some genus Cassia species often classified as members of the genus Senna or genus Chamaecrista
- 3. cassia, cassia-bark tree, Cinnamomum cassia, laurel
- usage: Chinese tree with aromatic bark; yields a less desirable cinnamon than Ceylon cinnamon
All rights reserved.
See also: cassia (Dictionary)