- 1. carving, sculpture
- usage: a sculpture created by removing material (as wood or ivory or stone) in order to create a desired shape
- 2. carving, cutting, creating by removal
- usage: removing parts from hard material to create a desired pattern or shape
- 3. sculpture, carving, art, artistic creation, artistic production, fine arts, beaux arts
- usage: creating figures or designs in three dimensions
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. carve, cut, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form by carving; "Carve a flower from the ice"
- 2. carve, chip at, cut
- usage: engrave or cut by chipping away at a surface; "carve one's name into the bark"
- 3. carve, cut up, cut
- usage: cut to pieces; "Father carved the ham"
All rights reserved.
See also: carving (Dictionary)