Synonyms of carry over
- 1. transfer, transfer of training, carry-over, learning, acquisition
- usage: application of a skill learned in one situation to a different but similar situation
- 2. carry-over, carry-forward, balance
- usage: the accumulated and undivided profits of a corporation after provision has been made for dividends and reserves
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. carry over, prevail, persist, die hard, run, endure
- usage: transfer or persist from one stage or sphere of activity to another
- 2. carry over, transport
- usage: transport from one place or state to another; "Adam would have been carried over into the life eternal"
- 3. carry over, hold over, keep, hold on
- usage: hold over goods to be sold for the next season
- 4. carry over, carry forward, transfer, shift
- usage: transfer from one time period to the next
All rights reserved.