Synonyms of carry on
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. conduct, carry on, deal, manage, deal, care, handle
- usage: direct the course of; manage or control; "You cannot conduct business like this"
- 2. continue, uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve, keep, maintain, hold
- usage: keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last; "preserve the peace in the family"; "continue the family tradition"; "Carry on the old traditions"
- 3. continue, go on, carry on, proceed, talk, speak
- usage: continue talking; "I know it's hard," he continued, "but there is no choice"; "carry on--pretend we are not in the room"
- 4. act up, carry on, misbehave, misconduct, misdemean
- usage: misbehave badly; act in a silly or improper way; "The children acted up when they were not bored"
All rights reserved.