WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. carrier, bearer, toter, traveler, traveller
- usage: someone whose employment involves carrying something; "the bonds were transmitted by carrier"
- 2. carrier, self-propelled vehicle
- usage: a self-propelled wheeled vehicle designed specifically to carry something; "refrigerated carriers have revolutionized the grocery business"
- 3. aircraft carrier, carrier, flattop, attack aircraft carrier, warship, war vessel, combat ship
- usage: a large warship that carries planes and has a long flat deck for takeoffs and landings
- 4. carrier, chemical, chemical substance
- usage: an inactive substance that is a vehicle for a radioactive tracer of the same substance and that assists in its recovery after some chemical reaction
- 5. carrier, common carrier, business, concern, business concern, business organization, business organisation
- usage: a person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages
- 6. carrier wave, carrier, radio wave, radio emission, radio radiation
- usage: a radio wave that can be modulated in order to transmit a signal
- 7. mailman, postman, mail carrier, letter carrier, carrier, deliveryman, delivery boy, deliverer
- usage: a man who delivers the mail
- 8. carrier, newsboy, deliveryman, delivery boy, deliverer
- usage: a boy who delivers newspapers
- 9. carrier, immune carrier, immune, vector, transmitter
- usage: (medicine) a person (or animal) who has some pathogen to which he is immune but who can pass it on to others
- 10. carrier, rack
- usage: a rack attached to a vehicle; for carrying luggage or skis or the like
- 11. carrier, organism, being
- usage: (genetics) an organism that possesses a recessive gene whose effect is masked by a dominant allele; the associated trait is not apparent but can be passed on to offspring
All rights reserved.
See also: carrier (Dictionary)