- 1. carpetbag, bag, traveling bag, travelling bag, grip, suitcase
- usage: traveling bag made of carpet; widely used in 19th century
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. carpetbag
- usage: following the practices or characteristic of carpetbaggers; "carpetbag adventurers"; "a carpetbag government"
- 2. carpetbag, carpetbagging, expedient (vs. inexpedient)
- usage: presumptuously seeking success or a position in a new locality; "a carpetbag stranger"; "a capetbag politician"
All rights reserved.
See also: carpetbag (Dictionary)