WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. carbon, C, atomic number 6, chemical element, element
- usage: an abundant nonmetallic tetravalent element occurring in three allotropic forms: amorphous carbon and graphite and diamond; occurs in all organic compounds
- 2. carbon paper, carbon, paper
- usage: a thin paper coated on one side with a dark waxy substance (often containing carbon); used to transfer characters from the original to an under sheet of paper
- 3. carbon, carbon copy, copy
- usage: a copy made with carbon paper
All rights reserved.
See also: carbon (Dictionary)