- 1. capsule, container
- usage: a small container
- 2. capsule, pill, lozenge, tablet, tab
- usage: a pill in the form of a small rounded gelatinous container with medicine inside
- 3. capsule, pericarp, seed vessel
- usage: a dry dehiscent seed vessel or the spore-containing structure of e.g. mosses
- 4. condensation, abridgement, abridgment, capsule, summary, sum-up
- usage: a shortened version of a written work
- 5. capsule, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: a structure that encloses a body part
- 6. space capsule, capsule, spacecraft, ballistic capsule, space vehicle
- usage: a spacecraft designed to transport people and support human life in outer space
- 7. ejection seat, ejector seat, capsule, seat
- usage: a pilot's seat in an airplane that can be forcibly ejected in the case of an emergency; then the pilot descends by parachute
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. capsule, capsulate, capsulize, capsulise, envelop, enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose
- usage: enclose in a capsule
- 2. encapsulate, capsule, capsulize, capsulise, digest, condense, concentrate
- usage: put in a short or concise form; reduce in volume; "capsulize the news"
All rights reserved.
See also: capsule (Dictionary)