- 1. can, tin, put up, preserve, keep
- usage: preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
- 2. displace, fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate, remove
- usage: terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. canned, transcribed, recorded (vs. live)
- usage: recorded for broadcast; "a transcribed announcement"; "canned laughter"
- 2. canned, tinned, preserved (vs. fresh)
- usage: sealed in a can or jar
All rights reserved.
See also: canned (Dictionary)