WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. caltrop, devil's weed, Tribulus terestris, subshrub, suffrutex
- usage: tropical annual procumbent poisonous subshrub having fruit that splits into five spiny nutlets; serious pasture weed
- 2. water chestnut, water chestnut plant, caltrop, aquatic plant, water plant, hydrophyte, hydrophytic plant
- usage: a plant of the genus Trapa bearing spiny four-pronged edible nutlike fruits
- 3. star-thistle, caltrop, Centauria calcitrapa, centaury
- usage: Mediterranean annual or biennial herb having pinkish to purple flowers surrounded by spine-tipped scales; naturalized in America
All rights reserved.
See also: caltrop (Dictionary)