- 1. caller, company, visitor, visitant
- usage: a social or business visitor; "the room was a mess because he hadn't expected company"
- 2. caller, investor
- usage: an investor who buys a call option
- 3. caller, bettor, better, wagerer, punter
- usage: the bettor in a card game who matches the bet and calls for a show of hands
- 4. caller, caller-out, announcer
- usage: a person who announces the changes of steps during a dance; "you need a fiddler and a caller for country dancing"
- 5. caller, announcer
- usage: someone who proclaims or summons in a loud voice; "the callers were mothers summoning their children home for dinner"
- 6. caller, leader
- usage: the person who convenes a meeting; "who is the caller of this meeting?"
- 7. caller, caller-up, phoner, telephoner, speaker, talker, utterer, verbalizer, verbaliser
- usage: the person initiating a telephone call; "there were so many callers that he finally disconnected the telephone"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. caller, cool (vs. warm)
- usage: providing coolness; "a cooling breeze"; "`caller' is a Scottish term as in `a caller breeze'"
- 2. caller, fresh (vs. stale)
- usage: fresh; "caller fish"
All rights reserved.
See also: caller (Dictionary)