WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. calamus, palm, palm tree
- usage: any tropical Asian palm of the genus Calamus; light tough stems are a source of rattan canes
- 2. calamus, root
- usage: the aromatic root of the sweet flag used medicinally
- 3. sweet flag, calamus, sweet calamus, myrtle flag, flagroot, Acorus calamus, marsh plant, bog plant, swamp plant
- usage: perennial marsh plant having swordlike leaves and aromatic roots
- 4. Calamus, genus Calamus, fish genus
- usage: a genus of Sparidae
- 5. quill, calamus, shaft, rib
- usage: the hollow spine of a feather
All rights reserved.
See also: calamus (Dictionary)