- 1. cabal, faction, junto, camarilla, clique, coterie, ingroup, inner circle, pack, camp
- usage: a clique (often secret) that seeks power usually through intrigue
- 2. conspiracy, cabal, plot, secret plan, game
- usage: a plot to carry out some harmful or illegal act (especially a political plot)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. conspire, cabal, complot, conjure, machinate, plot
- usage: engage in plotting or enter into a conspiracy, swear together; "They conspired to overthrow the government"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of cabal (Dictionary)