- 1. bargain, buy, steal, purchase
- usage: an advantageous purchase; "she got a bargain at the auction"; "the stock was a real buy at that price"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. buy, purchase, get, acquire
- usage: obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction; "The family purchased a new car"; "The conglomerate acquired a new company"; "She buys for the big department store"
- 2. bribe, corrupt, buy, grease one's palms, pay
- usage: make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence; "This judge can be bought"
- 3. buy, be
- usage: be worth or be capable of buying; "This sum will buy you a ride on the train"
- 4. buy, get, acquire
- usage: acquire by trade or sacrifice or exchange; "She wanted to buy his love with her dedication to him and his work"
- 5. buy, believe
- usage: accept as true; "I can't buy this story"
All rights reserved.
See also: buy (Dictionary)