Synonyms of butt
- 1. butt, butt end, stock
- usage: thick end of the handle
- 2. butt, part, portion, component part, component, constituent
- usage: the part of a plant from which the roots spring or the part of a stalk or trunk nearest the roots
- 3. butt, goat, laughingstock, stooge, victim, dupe
- usage: a victim of ridicule or pranks
- 4. buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass, body part
- usage: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- 5. target, butt, sports equipment
- usage: sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
- 6. cigarette, cigaret, coffin nail, butt, fag, roll of tobacco, smoke
- usage: finely ground tobacco wrapped in paper; for smoking
- 7. butt joint, butt, joint
- usage: a joint made by fastening ends together without overlapping
- 8. butt, barrel, cask
- usage: a large cask (especially one holding a volume equivalent to 2 hogsheads or 126 gallons)
- 9. butt, stub, part, portion
- usage: the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
- 1. border, adjoin, edge, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
- 2. butt, bunt, strike
- usage: to strike, thrust or shove against; "He butted his sister out of the way"; "The goat butted the hiker with his horns"
- 3. butt, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place end to end without overlapping; "The frames must be butted at the joints"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of butt (Dictionary)