- 1. bur, burr, pericarp, seed vessel
- usage: seed vessel having hooks or prickles
- 2. burr, projection
- usage: rough projection left on a workpiece after drilling or cutting
- 3. Burr, Aaron Burr
- usage: United States politician who served as vice president under Jefferson; he mortally wounded his political rival Alexander Hamilton in a duel and fled south (1756-1836)
- 4. burr, power tool
- usage: rotary file for smoothing rough edges left on a workpiece
- 5. bur, burr, bit
- usage: small bit used in dentistry or surgery
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bur, burr, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the burrs from
All rights reserved.
See also: burr (Dictionary)