Synonyms of burn up
- 1. burnup, race
- usage: a high-speed motorcycle race on a public road
- 2. burnup, consumption, using up, expenditure
- usage: the amount of fuel used up (as in a nuclear reactor)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flare, flame up, blaze up, burn up, burn, combust
- usage: burn brightly; "Every star seemed to flare with new intensity"
- 2. burn off, burn, burn up, consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out
- usage: use up (energy); "burn off calories through vigorous exercise"
- 3. burn down, burn up, go up, burn, combust
- usage: burn completely; be consumed or destroyed by fire; "The hut burned down"; "The mountain of paper went up in flames"
All rights reserved.