- 1. burden, burthen, weight, weight down, charge
- usage: weight down with a load
- 2. charge, saddle, burden, command, require
- usage: impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to; "He charged her with cleaning up all the files over the weekend"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. burdened (vs. unburdened), bowed down(predicate), loaded down(predicate), overburdened, weighed down(predicate), laden, oppressed, saddled
- usage: bearing a heavy burden of work or difficulties or responsibilities; "she always felt burdened by the load of paper work"
- 2. burdened, heavy-laden, loaded down, encumbered (vs. unencumbered)
- usage: bearing a physically heavy weight or load; "tree limbs burdened with ice"; "a heavy-laden cart"; "loaded down with packages"
All rights reserved.
See also: burdened (Dictionary)