- 1. botch, bodge, bumble, fumble, botch up, muff, blow, flub, screw up, ball up, spoil, muck up, bungle, fluff, bollix, bollix up, bollocks, bollocks up, bobble, mishandle, louse up, foul up, mess up, fuck up, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: make a mess of, destroy or ruin; "I botched the dinner and we had to eat out"; "the pianist screwed up the difficult passage in the second movement"
- 2. stumble, falter, bumble, walk
- usage: walk unsteadily; "The drunk man stumbled about"
- 3. bumble, stutter, stammer, falter, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak haltingly; "The speaker faltered when he saw his opponent enter the room"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bumbling, bungling, butterfingered, ham-fisted, ham-handed, handless, heavy-handed, left-handed, maladroit (vs. adroit)
- usage: lacking physical movement skills, especially with the hands; "a bumbling mechanic"; "a bungling performance"; "ham-handed governmental interference"; "could scarcely empty a scuttle of ashes, so handless was the poor creature"- Mary H. Vorse
All rights reserved.
See also: bumbling (Dictionary)