- 1. bully, tough, hooligan, ruffian, roughneck, rowdy, yob, yobo, yobbo, attacker, aggressor, assailant, assaulter
- usage: a cruel and brutal fellow
- 2. bully, hood, hoodlum, goon, punk, thug, tough, toughie, strong-armer
- usage: a hired thug
- 1. strong-arm, bully, browbeat, bullyrag, ballyrag, boss around, hector, push around, intimidate
- usage: be bossy towards; "Her big brother always bullied her when she was young"
- 2. browbeat, bully, swagger, wheedle, cajole, palaver, blarney, coax, sweet-talk, inveigle
- usage: discourage or frighten with threats or a domineering manner; intimidate
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bang-up, bully, corking, cracking, dandy, great, groovy, keen, neat, nifty, not bad(predicate), peachy, slap-up, swell, smashing, good (vs. bad)
- usage: very good; "he did a bully job"; "a neat sports car"; "had a great time at the party"; "you look simply smashing"
All rights reserved.
See also: bully (Dictionary)