- 1. bulge, bump, hump, swelling, gibbosity, gibbousness, jut, prominence, protuberance, protrusion, extrusion, excrescence, projection
- usage: something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings; "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"; "the hump of a camel"; "he stood on the rocky prominence"; "the occipital protuberance was well developed"; "the bony excrescence between its horns"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bulge, pouch, protrude, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: swell or protrude outwards; "His stomach bulged after the huge meal"
- 2. bulge, bag, stick out, protrude, jut out, jut, project
- usage: bulge out; form a bulge outward, or be so full as to appear to bulge
- 3. start, protrude, pop, pop out, bulge, bulge out, bug out, come out, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: bulge outward; "His eyes popped"
- 4. bulge, bulk, swell
- usage: cause to bulge or swell outwards
All rights reserved.
See also: bulge (Dictionary)