WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bring, convey, take, transport, carry
- usage: take something or somebody with oneself somewhere; "Bring me the box from the other room"; "Take these letters to the boss"; "This brings me to the main point"
- 2. bring, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to come into a particular state or condition; "Long hard years of on the job training had brought them to their competence"; "bring water to the boiling point"
- 3. bring, work, play, wreak, make for, make, create
- usage: cause to happen or to occur as a consequence; "I cannot work a miracle"; "wreak havoc"; "bring comments"; "play a joke"; "The rain brought relief to the drought-stricken area"
- 4. bring, get, convey, fetch, transmit, transfer, transport, channel, channelize, channelise
- usage: go or come after and bring or take back; "Get me those books over there, please"; "Could you bring the wine?"; "The dog fetched the hat"
- 5. bring, land, change, alter, modify
- usage: bring into a different state; "this may land you in jail"
- 6. bring
- usage: be accompanied by; "Can I bring my cousin to the dinner?"
- 7. institute, bring, make, create
- usage: advance or set forth in court; "bring charges", "institute proceedings"
- 8. lend, impart, bestow, contribute, add, bring, change, alter, modify
- usage: bestow a quality on; "Her presence lends a certain cachet to the company"; "The music added a lot to the play"; "She brings a special atmosphere to our meetings"; "This adds a light note to the program"
- 9. fetch, bring in, bring
- usage: be sold for a certain price; "The painting brought $10,000"; "The old print fetched a high price at the auction"
- 10. bring, attract, pull, pull in, draw, draw in
- usage: attract the attention of; "The noise and the screaming brought the curious"
- 11. bring, induce, stimulate, cause, have, get, make
- usage: induce or persuade; "The confession of one of the accused brought the others to admit to the crime as well"
All rights reserved.
See also: brought (Dictionary)