- 1. bridge, span, structure, construction
- usage: a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
- 2. bridge, bridge circuit, circuit, electrical circuit, electric circuit
- usage: a circuit consisting of two branches (4 arms arranged in a diamond configuration) across which a meter is connected
- 3. bridge, connection, connexion, connectedness
- usage: something resembling a bridge in form or function; "his letters provided a bridge across the centuries"
- 4. bridge, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: the hard ridge that forms the upper part of the nose; "her glasses left marks on the bridge of her nose"
- 5. bridge, card game, cards
- usage: any of various card games based on whist for four players
- 6. bridge, support
- usage: a wooden support that holds the strings up
- 7. bridge, bridgework, denture, dental plate, plate
- usage: a denture anchored to teeth on either side of missing teeth
- 8. bridge, nosepiece, link, linkup, tie, tie-in
- usage: the link between two lenses; rests on the nose
- 9. bridge, bridge deck, upper deck
- usage: an upper deck where a ship is steered and the captain stands
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bridge, bridge over, connect, link, tie, link up
- usage: connect or reduce the distance between
- 2. bridge, join, bring together
- usage: make a bridge across; "bridge a river"
- 3. bridge, traverse, track, cover, cross, pass over, get over, get across, cut through, cut across
- usage: cross over on a bridge
All rights reserved.
See also: bridge (Dictionary)