WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. breathless (vs. breathing), dyspneic, dyspnoeic, dyspneal, dyspnoeal, asphyxiating, smothering, suffocating, suffocative, blown, pursy, short-winded, winded, unventilated
- usage: not breathing or able to breathe except with difficulty; "breathless at thought of what I had done"; "breathless from running"; "followed the match with breathless interest"
- 2. breathless, breathtaking, exciting (vs. unexciting)
- usage: tending to cause suspension of regular breathing; "a breathless flight"; "breathtaking adventure"
- 3. breathless, inanimate, pulseless, dead (vs. alive)
- usage: appearing dead; not breathing or having no perceptible pulse; "an inanimate body"; "pulseless and dead"
All rights reserved.
See also: breathless (Dictionary)