- 1. brand, mark
- usage: burn with a branding iron to indicate ownership; of animals
- 2. stigmatize, stigmatise, brand, denounce, mark, label
- usage: to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful; "He denounced the government action"; "She was stigmatized by society because she had a child out of wedlock"
- 3. brand, trademark, brandmark, tag, label, mark
- usage: mark with a brand or trademark; "when this product is not branded it sells for a lower price"
- 4. post, brand, call
- usage: mark or expose as infamous; "She was branded a loose woman"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. branded, proprietary (vs. nonproprietary)
- usage: (of goods and merchandise) marked or labeled by a distinctive word or symbol indicating exclusive rights; "branded merchandise is that bearing a standard brand name"
- 2. branded (vs. unbranded)
- usage: marked with a brand; "branded cattle"; "branded criminal"
All rights reserved.
See also: branded (Dictionary)