- 1. trade name, brand name, brand, marque, name
- usage: a name given to a product or service
- 2. brand, make, kind, sort, form, variety
- usage: a recognizable kind; "there's a new brand of hero in the movies now"; "what make of car is that?"
- 3. brand, marker, marking, mark
- usage: identification mark on skin, made by burning
- 4. brand, firebrand, firewood
- usage: a piece of wood that has been burned or is burning
- 5. mark, stigma, brand, stain, symbol
- usage: a symbol of disgrace or infamy; "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"--Genesis
- 6. sword, blade, brand, steel, weapon, arm, weapon system
- usage: a cutting or thrusting weapon that has a long metal blade and a hilt with a hand guard
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brand, mark
- usage: burn with a branding iron to indicate ownership; of animals
- 2. stigmatize, stigmatise, brand, denounce, mark, label
- usage: to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful; "He denounced the government action"; "She was stigmatized by society because she had a child out of wedlock"
- 3. brand, trademark, brandmark, tag, label, mark
- usage: mark with a brand or trademark; "when this product is not branded it sells for a lower price"
- 4. post, brand, call
- usage: mark or expose as infamous; "She was branded a loose woman"
All rights reserved.
See also: brand (Dictionary)