Synonyms of branch
- 1. branch, subdivision, arm, division
- usage: a division of some larger or more complex organization; "a branch of Congress"; "botany is a branch of biology"; "the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages"
- 2. branch, stalk, stem
- usage: a division of a stem, or secondary stem arising from the main stem of a plant
- 3. branch, leg, ramification, subfigure
- usage: a part of a forked or branching shape; "he broke off one of the branches"
- 4. outgrowth, branch, offshoot, offset, consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
- usage: a natural consequence of development
- 5. branch, stream, watercourse
- usage: a stream or river connected to a larger one
- 6. arm, branch, limb, projection
- usage: any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm; "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
- 1. ramify, branch, grow
- usage: grow and send out branches or branch-like structures; "these plants ramify early and get to be very large"
- 2. branch, ramify, fork, furcate, separate, diverge
- usage: divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of branch (Dictionary)