WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brahman, brahmin, aristocrat, blue blood, patrician
- usage: a member of a social and cultural elite (especially a descendant of an old New England family); "a Boston brahman"
- 2. brahman, brahmin, Hindu, Hindoo, Hindustani
- usage: a member of the highest of the four Hindu varnas; "originally all brahmans were priests"
- 3. brahman, brahmin, varna
- usage: the highest of the four varnas: the priestly or sacerdotal category
- 4. Brahman, Brahma, Brahmin, Bos indicus, bovine
- usage: any of several breeds of Indian cattle; especially a large American heat and tick resistant greyish humped breed evolved in the Gulf States by interbreeding Indian cattle and now used chiefly for crossbreeding
All rights reserved.
See also: brahmin (Dictionary)