- 1. businessperson, bourgeois, capitalist
- usage: a capitalist who engages in industrial commercial enterprise
- 2. bourgeois, burgher, commoner, common man, common person
- usage: a member of the middle class
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bourgeois, capitalistic (vs. socialistic), capitalist
- usage: (according to Marxist thought) being of the property-owning class and exploitive of the working class
- 2. bourgeois, conservative, materialistic, middle-class (vs. upper-class) (vs. lower-class)
- usage: conforming to the standards and conventions of the middle class; "a bourgeois mentality"
- 3. bourgeois, middle-class (vs. upper-class) (vs. lower-class)
- usage: belonging to the middle class
All rights reserved.
See also: bourgeois (Dictionary)