WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bounty, premium, reward
- usage: payment or reward (especially from a government) for acts such as catching criminals or killing predatory animals or enlisting in the military
- 2. amplitude, bountifulness, bounty, abundance, copiousness, teemingness
- usage: the property of copious abundance
- 3. bounty, bounteousness, generosity, generousness
- usage: generosity evidenced by a willingness to give freely
- 4. Bounty, H.M.S. Bounty
- usage: a ship of the British navy; in 1789 part of the crew mutinied against their commander William Bligh and set him afloat in an open boat
All rights reserved.
See also: bounty (Dictionary)