Synonyms of book
- 1. book, publication
- usage: a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together); "I am reading a good book on economics"
- 2. book, volume, product, production
- usage: physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together; "he used a large book as a doorstop"
- 3. record, record book, book, fact
- usage: a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone; "Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'"; "his name is in all the record books"
- 4. script, book, playscript, dramatic composition, dramatic work
- usage: a written version of a play or other dramatic composition; used in preparing for a performance
- 5. ledger, leger, account book, book of account, book, record
- usage: a record in which commercial accounts are recorded; "they got a subpoena to examine our books"
- 6. book, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection of playing cards satisfying the rules of a card game
- 7. book, rule book, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made; "they run things by the book around here"
- 8. Koran, Quran, al-Qur'an, Book
- usage: the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
- 9. Bible, Christian Bible, Book, Good Book, Holy Scripture, Holy Writ, Scripture, Word of God, Word, sacred text, sacred writing, religious writing, religious text
- usage: the sacred writings of the Christian religions; "he went to carry the Word to the heathen"
- 10. book, section, subdivision
- usage: a major division of a long written composition; "the book of Isaiah"
- 11. book, product, production
- usage: a number of sheets (ticket or stamps etc.) bound together on one edge; "he bought a book of stamps"
- 1. book, schedule
- usage: engage for a performance; "Her agent had booked her for several concerts in Tokyo"
- 2. reserve, hold, book, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance; "reserve me a seat on a flight"; "The agent booked tickets to the show for the whole family"; "please hold a table at Maxim's"
- 3. book, record, enter, put down
- usage: record a charge in a police register; "The policeman booked her when she tried to solicit a man"
- 4. book, register
- usage: register in a hotel booker
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of book (Dictionary)