WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bony, cadaverous, emaciated, gaunt, haggard, pinched, skeletal, wasted, thin (vs. fat), lean
- usage: very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold; "emaciated bony hands"; "a nightmare population of gaunt men and skeletal boys"; "eyes were haggard and cavernous"; "small pinched faces"; "kept life in his wasted frame only by grim concentration"
- 2. osseous, osteal, bony
- usage: composed of or containing bone; "osseous tissue"
- 3. bony (vs. boneless), boney, bone, boned, bonelike, strong-boned
- usage: having bones especially many or prominent bones; "a bony shad fillet"; "her bony wrist"; "bony fish"
All rights reserved.
See also: bony (Dictionary)