- 1. cram, grind away, drum, bone up, swot, get up, mug up, swot up, bone, study, hit the books
- usage: study intensively, as before an exam; "I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"
- 2. bone, debone, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the bones from; "bone the turkey before roasting it"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. boned, deboned, boneless (vs. bony)
- usage: having had the bones removed; "a boneless rib roast"; "a boned (or deboned) fish"
- 2. boned, bony (vs. boneless), boney
- usage: having bones as specified; "his lanky long-boned body"
All rights reserved.
See also: boned (Dictionary)