- 1. bomb, explosive device, weaponry, arms, implements of war, weapons system, munition
- usage: an explosive device fused to explode under specific conditions
- 2. bomb calorimeter, bomb, calorimeter
- usage: strong sealed vessel for measuring heat of combustion
- 3. turkey, bomb, dud, flop, bust, fizzle
- usage: an event that fails badly or is totally ineffectual; "the first experiment was a real turkey"; "the meeting was a dud as far as new business was concerned"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bombard, bomb, attack, assail
- usage: throw bombs at or attack with bombs; "The Americans bombed Dresden"
- 2. fail, flunk, bomb, flush it
- usage: fail to get a passing grade; "She studied hard but failed nevertheless"; "Did I fail the test?"
All rights reserved.
See also: bomb (Dictionary)