- 1. boiling, heating, warming, vaporization, vaporisation, vapor, vapour, evaporation
- usage: the application of heat to change something from a liquid to a gas
- 2. boiling, stewing, simmering, cooking, cookery, preparation
- usage: cooking in a liquid that has been brought to a boil
- 1. boil, change state, turn
- usage: come to the boiling point and change from a liquid to vapor; "Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius"
- 2. boil, change
- usage: immerse or be immersed in a boiling liquid, often for cooking purposes; "boil potatoes"; "boil wool"
- 3. boil, change, alter, modify
- usage: bring to, or maintain at, the boiling point; "boil this liquid until it evaporates"
- 4. churn, boil, moil, roil, move
- usage: be agitated; "the sea was churning in the storm"
- 5. seethe, boil, be
- usage: be in an agitated emotional state; "The customer was seething with anger"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. boiling
- usage: extremely; "boiling mad"
All rights reserved.
See also: boiling (Dictionary)