- 1. boil, change state, turn
- usage: come to the boiling point and change from a liquid to vapor; "Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius"
- 2. boil, change
- usage: immerse or be immersed in a boiling liquid, often for cooking purposes; "boil potatoes"; "boil wool"
- 3. boil, change, alter, modify
- usage: bring to, or maintain at, the boiling point; "boil this liquid until it evaporates"
- 4. churn, boil, moil, roil, move
- usage: be agitated; "the sea was churning in the storm"
- 5. seethe, boil, be
- usage: be in an agitated emotional state; "The customer was seething with anger"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. boiled, poached, stewed, cooked (vs. raw)
- usage: cooked in hot water
All rights reserved.
See also: boiled (Dictionary)