usage: the stage of a theater; "most actors love to stride the boards"
2. boards, boarding
usage: the boarding that surrounds an ice hockey rink
1. boards, theater stage, theatre stage
usage: a committee having supervisory powers; "the board has seven members"
2. boards, boarding
usage: a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
3. board, committee, commission
usage: a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose; "he nailed boards across the windows"
4. board, plank, lumber, timber
usage: food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
5. board, sheet, flat solid
usage: a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view
6. board, table, fare
usage: a table at which meals are served; "he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
7. display panel, display board, board, display, video display
usage: electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices; "he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
8. dining table, board, table
usage: a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
9. control panel, instrument panel, control board, board, panel, electrical device
usage: a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games; "he got out the board and set up the pieces"
1. board, get on, enter, come in, get into, get in, go into, go in, move into
usage: get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
2. board, room, populate, dwell, live, inhabit
usage: live and take one's meals at or in; "she rooms in an old boarding house"
3. board, use, habituate
usage: lodge and take meals (at)
4. board, provide, supply, ply, cater
usage: provide food and lodging (for); "The old lady is boarding three men"