- 1. board, committee, commission
- usage: a committee having supervisory powers; "the board has seven members"
- 2. board, plank, lumber, timber
- usage: a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
- 3. board, sheet, flat solid
- usage: a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose; "he nailed boards across the windows"
- 4. board, table, fare
- usage: food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
- 5. display panel, display board, board, display, video display
- usage: a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view
- 6. dining table, board, table
- usage: a table at which meals are served; "he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
- 7. control panel, instrument panel, control board, board, panel, electrical device
- usage: electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices; "he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
- 8. circuit board, circuit card, board, card, plug-in, add-in, printed circuit
- usage: a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
- 9. board, gameboard, surface
- usage: a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games; "he got out the board and set up the pieces"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. board, get on, enter, come in, get into, get in, go into, go in, move into
- usage: get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
- 2. board, room, populate, dwell, live, inhabit
- usage: live and take one's meals at or in; "she rooms in an old boarding house"
- 3. board, use, habituate
- usage: lodge and take meals (at)
- 4. board, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: provide food and lodging (for); "The old lady is boarding three men"
All rights reserved.
See also: board (Dictionary)