- 1. blooming, bloom, organic process, biological process
- usage: the organic process of bearing flowers; "you will stop all bloom if you let the flowers go to seed"
- 2. flower, bloom, blossom, reproductive structure
- usage: reproductive organ of angiosperm plants especially one having showy or colorful parts
- 3. bloom, bloom of youth, salad days, time of life
- usage: the best time of youth
- 4. bloom, blush, flush, rosiness, good health, healthiness
- usage: a rosy color (especially in the cheeks) taken as a sign of good health
- 5. flower, prime, peak, heyday, bloom, blossom, efflorescence, flush, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
- 6. efflorescence, bloom, crystallization, crystallisation, crystallizing
- usage: a powdery deposit on a surface
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bloom, blossom, flower, develop
- usage: produce or yield flowers; "The cherry tree bloomed"
All rights reserved.
See also: bloom (Dictionary)