- 1. blister, defect, fault, flaw
- usage: a flaw on a surface resulting when an applied substance does not adhere (as an air bubble in a coat of paint)
- 2. blister, plant process, enation
- usage: (botany) a swelling on a plant similar to that on the skin
- 3. blister, bulla, bleb, vesicle, cyst
- usage: (pathology) an elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blister, vesicate, swell, swell up, intumesce, tumefy, tumesce
- usage: get blistered; "Her feet blistered during the long hike"
- 2. blister, scald, whip, attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault
- usage: subject to harsh criticism; "The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday"; "the professor scaled the students"; "your invectives scorched the community"
- 3. blister, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause blisters to form on; "the tight shoes and perspiration blistered her feet"
All rights reserved.
See also: blister (Dictionary)