- 1. bless, raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth
- usage: give a benediction to; "The dying man blessed his son"
- 2. bless, confer, bestow
- usage: confer prosperity or happiness on
- 3. bless, sign, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection; consecrate
- 4. consecrate, bless, hallow, sanctify, declare
- usage: render holy by means of religious rites
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blessed (vs. cursed), blest, fortunate, golden
- usage: highly favored or fortunate (as e.g. by divine grace); "our blessed land"; "the blessed assurance of a steady income"
All rights reserved.
See also: blest (Dictionary)