- 1. blaze, blazing, fire, flame, flaming
- usage: a strong flame that burns brightly; "the blaze spread rapidly"
- 1. blaze, shine, beam
- usage: shine brightly and intensively; "Meteors blazed across the atmosphere"
- 2. blaze away, blaze, blast, shoot
- usage: shoot rapidly and repeatedly; "He blazed away at the men"
- 3. blaze, burn, combust
- usage: burn brightly and intensely; "The summer sun alone can cause a pine to blaze"
- 4. blaze, blaze out, depart, part, start, start out, set forth, set off, set out, take off
- usage: move rapidly and as if blazing; "The spaceship blazed out into space"
- 5. blaze, mark
- usage: indicate by marking trees with blazes; "blaze a trail"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blazing, blinding, dazzling, fulgent, glaring, glary, bright (vs. dull)
- usage: shining intensely; "the blazing sun"; "blinding headlights"; "dazzling snow"; "fulgent patterns of sunlight"; "the glaring sun"
- 2. blatant, blazing, conspicuous, unconcealed (vs. concealed)
- usage: without any attempt at concealment; completely obvious; "blatant disregard of the law"; "a blatant appeal to vanity"; "a blazing indiscretion"
All rights reserved.
See also: blazing (Dictionary)