- 1. space, blank, character, grapheme, graphic symbol
- usage: a blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing; "he said the space is the most important character in the alphabet"
- 2. lacuna, blank, gap, crack
- usage: a blank gap or missing part
- 3. blank, sheet, flat solid
- usage: a piece of material ready to be made into something
- 4. blank, dummy, blank shell, cartridge
- usage: a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet
- 1. blank, prevent, keep
- usage: keep the opposing (baseball) team from winning
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blank, clean, white, empty (vs. full)
- usage: (of a surface) not written or printed on; "blank pages"; "fill in the blank spaces"; "a clean page"; "wide white margins"
- 2. blank, vacuous, uncommunicative (vs. communicative), incommunicative
- usage: void of expression; "a blank stare"
- 3. blank, unloaded (vs. loaded)
- usage: not charged with a bullet; "a blank cartridge"
All rights reserved.
See also: blank (Dictionary)