WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. quassia, bitterwood, Quassia amara, bitterwood tree
- usage: handsome South American shrub or small tree having bright scarlet flowers and yielding a valuable fine-grained yellowish wood; yields the bitter drug quassia from its wood and bark
- 2. Jamaica quassia, bitterwood, Picrasma excelsa, Picrasma excelsum, bitterwood tree
- usage: West Indian tree yielding the drug Jamaica quassia
- 3. paradise tree, bitterwood, Simarouba glauca, bitterwood tree
- usage: medium to large tree of tropical North and South America having odd-pinnate leaves and long panicles of small pale yellow flowers followed by scarlet fruits
All rights reserved.
See also: bitterwood (Dictionary)