- 1. bittersweet, bittersweet nightshade, climbing nightshade, deadly nightshade, poisonous nightshade, woody nightshade, Solanum dulcamara, nightshade
- usage: poisonous perennial Old World vine having violet flowers and oval coral-red berries; widespread weed in North America
- 2. bittersweet, American bittersweet, climbing bittersweet, false bittersweet, staff vine, waxwork, shrubby bittersweet, Celastrus scandens, vine
- usage: twining shrub of North America having yellow capsules enclosing scarlet seeds
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bittersweet, sad (vs. glad)
- usage: tinged with sadness; "a movie with a bittersweet ending"
- 2. bittersweet, semisweet, tasty (vs. tasteless)
- usage: having a taste that is a mixture of bitterness and sweetness
All rights reserved.
See also: bittersweet (Dictionary)