- 1. birch, wood
- usage: hard close-grained wood of any of various birch trees; used especially in furniture and interior finishes and plywood
- 2. birch, birch tree, tree
- usage: any betulaceous tree or shrub of the genus Betula having a thin peeling bark
- 3. birch, birch rod, switch
- usage: a switch consisting of a twig or a bundle of twigs from a birch tree; used to hit people as punishment; "my father never spared the birch"
- 1. birch, flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce
- usage: whip with a birch twig
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. birch, birchen, birken, woody (vs. nonwoody)
- usage: consisting of or made of wood of the birch tree
All rights reserved.
See also: birch (Dictionary)