- 1. binary star, binary, double star, star
- usage: a system of two stars that revolve around each other under their mutual gravitation
- 2. binary, binary program, program, programme, computer program, computer programme
- usage: a pre-compiled, pre-linked program that is ready to run under a given operating system; a binary for one operating system will not run on a different operating system; "the same source code can be compiled to produce different binaries for different operating systems"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. binary
- usage: of or pertaining to a number system have 2 as its base; "a binary digit"
- 2. binary, multiple (vs. single)
- usage: consisting of two (units or components or elements or terms); "a binary star is a system in which two stars revolve around each other"; "a binary compound"; "the binary number system has two as its base"
All rights reserved.
See also: binary (Dictionary)