WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gar, garfish, garpike, billfish, Lepisosteus osseus, ganoid, ganoid fish
- usage: primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needlelike teeth
- 2. billfish, scombroid, scombroid fish
- usage: giant warm-water game fish having a prolonged and rounded toothless upper jaw
- 3. saury, billfish, Scomberesox saurus, teleost fish, teleost, teleostan
- usage: slender long-beaked fish of temperate Atlantic waters
- 4. needlefish, gar, billfish, teleost fish, teleost, teleostan
- usage: elongate European surface-dwelling predacious fishes with long toothed jaws; abundant in coastal waters
All rights reserved.
See also: billfish (Dictionary)