- 1. bight, loop
- usage: a loop in a rope
- 2. bight, bend, crook, twist, turn
- usage: a bend or curve (especially in a coastline)
- 3. bight, bay, embayment
- usage: a broad bay formed by an indentation in the shoreline; "the Bight of Benin"; "the Great Australian Bight"
- 4. bight, center, centre, midpoint
- usage: the middle part of a slack rope (as distinguished from its ends)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bight, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with a bight
All rights reserved.
See also: bight (Dictionary)